Can't get /ES data

ghappy21

I moved from Tradovate/CQG data to Rithmic. My MW is not receiving ES data. It does receive YM, CL, and NQ data. I get the error: Cannot invoke "string.hashcode()" because ""local1>" is null. When I look at configure instruments, all seems fine. The ESH3 is there. Looks normal compared to NQH# etc.
Any ideas as to what is wrong?

Donovan2580

What symbol are you using?? ESM3? I only ask because I know CGQ has a different ES symbol than Rithmic...

Since the volume has rolled over - Are you able to load NQM3?

ghappy21

What symbol are you using?? ESM3? I only ask because I know CGQ has a different ES symbol than Rithmic...

Since the volume has rolled over - Are you able to load NQM3?
Donovan, thx for responding. I opened MW today and all is fine. I made no changes. I do not understand what was wrong or how it corrected. To answer your questions, I was using ESH3 and ESM3, same results. For NQ both M3 and H3 worked when ES did not.

I wsih you much success today!

Donovan2580

Glad it is working - Just a tip about Rithmic:

The ability to connect between 5:00 pm & 6:00 PM (Eastern Standard Time) is pretty spotty. They also shut down on the weekends for maintenance.

Sure would be nice if there was just an error message that said something like "We are down for maintenance" but there is no such message.

I normally get an "off-the wall" error message during these times... Hopefully that saves you many hours of frustration :)

ghappy21

Very helpful! My experience was during the time window you mention.

I connect to MW to the am using the rTrader Pro tool for data and execution. I do not need or use MBO data. So, I assume I should set Aggregation to ON?

I may want to use VWAP or volume profile. I know that MBO data is not needed for that use. I do not know if Aggregation can be ON or if it needs to be OFF for these tools?

Your thoughts?

Donovan2580

In my opinion your best bet it just run R Trader Pro with aggregated orders turned off...

Unless you have a specific reason to essentially want orders combined, it is best to leave it off.

1678811006810.png