Can't connect to MetaStock Xenith

czanier

Hi, i can't connect to Metastock Xenith, i continuously have an error. I have tried running MetaStock Xenith as Administrator and also turning off Firewall but didn't work

"Error starting MetaStock Connector. Please contact customer service"

Thanks!

Screen Shot 2021-01-11 at 23.19.32.png

chopstix

Hi guys,

For anyone else may have encountered this "Connection Error" issue, the exact version you need to install is "Visual Studio 2010 runtime (X86)" like in Joe's pic above.

I had to reinstall Win10 (x64 version) and took hours to figured this out as I only had X64 version installed, they wont connect without the x86 😅

nooris

I'm trying to do this myself now. But I can't even get as far getting a login error. I can't even find MetaStock Zenith or Refinitive listed in the drop down menu of choosing a Service.

Also I can't seem to instal Zenith. What keeps getting installed is Eikon (not sure of that is the same thing). The instructions on this page don't really help at all past how to register. http://www.motivewave.com/pdf/MetaStock_Xenith_Install_Instructions.pdf

EDIT: OK I found this video and it cleared everything

and yes it is called Eikon not Zenith (maybe it changed name?)

Last edited:

aziz

Hi, i can't connect to Metastock Xenith, i continuously have an error. I have tried running MetaStock Xenith as Administrator and also turning off Firewall but didn't work

"Error starting MetaStock Connector. Please contact customer service"

Thanks!

View attachment 556
anyone got this issue solved?

sneo000

anyone got this issue solved?
1. metastock connector runs on visual 2010 runtime x86. check if you have it installed.
2. for windows 10, visual studio 2010 runtime x86 doesnt work with KB5011048 which installs 4.8.1 .Net framework. check you dont have 4.8.1 .Net update from windows update. if you have, uninstall and get wushowhide.diagcab to hide this update from your windows.