CANNOT Export Reports for Journaling

Ghome

Hello, I am running motivewave order flow on a MacBook OSX. I cannot find any way to export my reports, please advise. I have asked on a few threads but can't seem to find an answer. Thank you, guys!

luissantillana33

those reports should be exported via your broker. go to your broker & download the .csv file for your trades today, save it to your computer. then up load it into your journaling software. i don't think the trade report on Motivewave is downloadable.

Ghome

Well that's a bummer because right now I'm just paper trading. So I'm not using my broker.

luissantillana33

the trade report is essentially a journal so what are you wanting to do or see that it is not showing you there?

MidKnight

He wants to export the trade reports so he can easily import it into his own separate journal process, I believe. A 100% normal and completely reasonable expected functionality....

luissantillana33

He wants to export the trade reports so he can easily import it into his own separate journal process, I believe. A 100% normal and completely reasonable expected functionality....
I understand that but I was asking him what exact parameter or measure he is looking for that is offered by a third party journaling system. If it was something simple & able to be calculated by what is offered I. The trade report then I would help him with a potential work around. If it is something that is wanted then I suggest you email support with a feature request so they can add it to the list.

Donovan2580

You can export your trades through the "Account" page. Click on that little icon the arrow is pointing to.

It is limited to .CSV and every trade (In & Out) are listed as separate line items which is a little hard to manage sometimes.

It is better than nothing though. ;)

If you don't have an accounts page / know where to find it - Let me know and I can point you in the right direction.

Also I assume that you found the Trade Reports tab you can create?? It will calc your stats, show equity curve, etc but you cannot export from there which is a bummer.

1691494825646.png

Last edited:

luissantillana33

You can export your trades through the "Account" page. Click on that little icon the arrow is pointing to.

It is limited to .CSV and every trade (In & Out) are listed as separate line items which is a little hard to manage sometimes.

If you don't have an accounts page / know where to find it - Let me know and I can point you in the right direction.

Also I assume that you found the Trade Reports tab you can create?? It will calc your stats, show equity curve, etc but you cannot export from there which is a bummer.

View attachment 1858
good call!

Ghome

I understand that but I was asking him what exact parameter or measure he is looking for that is offered by a third party journaling system. If it was something simple & able to be calculated by what is offered I. The trade report then I would help him with a potential work around. If it is something that is wanted then I suggest you email support with a feature request so they can add it to the list.
Thanks for your feedback. I am wanting to track my Risk to Reward to get a better understanding of my entry points.

Ghome

View attachment 1858
Nice thanks! I was trying to do it under trade reports. I didn't have the trades tab up but I just added it and yes I have that icon! Woohoo at least we are headed in the right direction. Thank you. It would be so great if we could export the trade reports... well one can hope I guess... ha.

Donovan2580

Nice thanks! I was trying to do it under trade reports. I didn't have the trades tab up but I just added it and yes I have that icon! Woohoo at least we are headed in the right direction. Thank you. It would be so great if we could export the trade reports... well one can hope I guess... ha.

I know they have it on their "to-do list" but I figured that was better than nothing :)