calculate using another instrument

lve0200

Hi,
I'm Hans, German, living in France. This is my 1st post here, hence expect bloody beginner's questions...o_O
I want to create an overlay, calculating the XAU/€ from XAU/US$, since FXCM does not supply the instrument XAU/EUR.
Do I have to use the "multiple instruments" method, or can I just use one instrument (XAU/US$) and read the EUR/US$ from somewhere else?
If I use multiple instruments, can I still run overlays? I'm puzzled, if I use multiple instruments, what will be displayed on my screen? All instruments and my overlay???
Best Regards
hk

Spin

Hello Hans-the-french-German and welcome to the MW community ! :)

I will start by admitting I have never did what you are trying to do, but it seems possible, and perhaps not even too hard.

I searched the source code of the 'standard' 275 MW-studies (you can download via this link: https://support.motivewave.com/foru...evelopment-kit-documentation-and-resources.5/ )

Have a look at the 'CorrelationCoefficient' Study, for instance. It also uses 2 instruments to perform its calculations.

It seems to me you could copy (at least) a third of that Study and already be well on your way.

Good luck !(y)

lve0200

Hello Hans-the-french-German and welcome to the MW community ! :)

I will start by admitting I have never did what you are trying to do, but it seems possible, and perhaps not even too hard.

I searched the source code of the 'standard' 275 MW-studies (you can download via this link: https://support.motivewave.com/foru...evelopment-kit-documentation-and-resources.5/ )

Have a look at the 'CorrelationCoefficient' Study, for instance. It also uses 2 instruments to perform its calculations.

It seems to me you could copy (at least) a third of that Study and already be well on your way.

Good luck !(y)
Hi thanks!
I found another method, just using the Study|Instrument ratio. that gives me a 2nd window recalculating XAU/USD into XAU/€. No need to program, its already in there.
Anyway Thanks
hk