Buy/Sell Stop option.

abctrading

Hello, I am trying to figure out how to set up a buy/sell stop feature so that I can trade off the chart or chart axis. I am trying to set it up so that I can place an entry one tick above or below a candle and if price goes through it it will trigger the entry as well as attach a Stop and Target(s).

I saw that I can add the Buy/Sell Stops in the Trade Panel Position or Order Tabs, however I do not see those options in either the DOM, Price Axis areas. Also those options drop the entry right on the current price. Also, I noticed the Breakout option, but that seems to have a pre determined tick/value offset that seems kind of bulky and requires extra clicks and dragging/adjusting the order around to where I want them.

Do you have any suggestions or tutorials that can help me figure this out.

Thanks.

MotiveWave_Jason

Staff member
Hello,

You can setup modifier keys in Configure > Preferences > Orders > Submission. The default is holding the CTRL key while you hover then click on the price axis and it will create a stop order. When you hold down CTRL you will see the cursor icon change from "LMT" to "STP".

You will need to have a Trade Panel or DOM open with an exit strategy enabled for your exits to be attached.

To create a buy stop order in the DOM, simply select the price you want in the bid column, any price selected above the current bid/offer will create a stop order.

abctrading

Hello,

You can setup modifier keys in Configure > Preferences > Orders > Submission. The default is holding the CTRL key while you hover then click on the price axis and it will create a stop order. When you hold down CTRL you will see the cursor icon change from "LMT" to "STP".

You will need to have a Trade Panel or DOM open with an exit strategy enabled for your exits to be attached.

To create a buy stop order in the DOM, simply select the price you want in the bid column, any price selected above the current bid/offer will create a stop order.

Thanks for the info .. I figured it was something fairly easy. :LOL:(y)