Bar Numbering?

DanDaMan

Hello,

I cannot seem to find in MotiveWave, where to display the bar numbers below each bar?
I'm sure it's there since it is a basic standard feature in every other software I have used, but I just can't seem to find it.
Can someone point me in the right direction?

Attachments

• BarNumbers.PNG
    BarNumbers.PNG
    4 KB · Views: 16

Spin

I do agree with @DanDaMan that this is a very useful feature, so I would like to see this implemented too. :)

Makes a huge difference also when testing / debugging custom-made Studies & Strategies !

DanDaMan

I don't understand, Motivewave does not have this? I was sure it did, since i've seen it standard in a bunch of other platforms. I thought I just couldn't find the setting to activate and set it.

romanterentiev

It is a very useful tool especially for those who study Price Action. Please add the possibility to number the bars, such a simple indicator is present in so many platforms now!

danielputra

Hi Dan, I have developed such a study, feel free to use it.
This study comes with a variety of additional options which you can switch off.

The attached *.Java file is the source code. If you are not familiar how to compile/build this let me know. I can then give you my daniel.jar file but it contains a few other studies too, so is a bit larger.

1643124678200.png
1643124529038.png

Attachments

• BarIndication.zip
    7.6 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:

danielputra

Hi Spin, thank you for the compliment.
Looks like the chat app auto-removes Java files. Have now zipped it and attached to my initial message as BarIndication.zip

romanterentiev

Hi @danielputra, thanks for your help!
I opened your "BarIndication.java" file with Eclipse IDK and tried to convert to .jar extension. When I add to MotiveWave (Study > All Studies > Import) unfortunately I don't see your indicator among the options. Reading in other sections, it seems that MotiveWave often does not recognize the file because the study class is missing. I'm not a programmer so I don't know how to open it differently. Any other ideas?

danielputra

Hi @danielputra, thanks for your help!
I opened your "BarIndication.java" file with Eclipse IDK and tried to convert to .jar extension. When I add to MotiveWave (Study > All Studies > Import) unfortunately I don't see your indicator among the options. Reading in other sections, it seems that MotiveWave often does not recognize the file because the study class is missing. I'm not a programmer so I don't know how to open it differently. Any other ideas?
Hi Roman, in that case I suggest use my ready-to-use daniel-yyyy-MM-dd.jar. Everything is ready to go after you dropped the JAR. Details are on https://support.motivewave.com/forum/index.php?threads/al-brooks-price-action-trading-studies.1214/ including documentation.