Automate Symbol Mapping and Order Presets

rvdesh

Following tasks involve lot of work manually :-
(a) Mapping symbols after uploading weekly option chains or monthly futures list (30-40 symbols) one by one between brokers symbol and data-feed provider symbol.
(b) Setting order presets (default quantity and increment) for each symbol.

Like you have provided facility to import symbols into watchlists from a csv file, please extend similar feature by adding few more comma separated values (columns) that feed order presets data (default quantity and increment) and mapped symbols for all instruments (Options Futures, Index Options etc).

MotiveWave_Joe

Staff member
Hi rvdesh,

Thank you for the feedback.

I will add it to the features request list.

Regards,
Joe

rvdesh

HI Joe, I am unable to use Motivewave effectively because of laborious process of symbol mapping and setting default lotsizes, to be done every week for 40 plus symbols of weekly options and monthly 50 futures.

it is nearing three years I have taken ultimate edition lifetime license.Renewal for update will be due once again in Oct 2020! Feeling like trapped with Motivewave, inspite of the fact that the software is exceptional and combines analysis with trading features thoughtfully.

I have requested directly by email and through forum for automating import of broker and datafeed symbols, mapping symbols and order presets like you have provided feature to import futures and options watchlist from a csv file.

The suggested data fields for csv file for upload is attached with.

Please take urgent action.

Attachments

• Symbol Mapping and Order Preset Data.csv
    186 bytes · Views: 11