Auto-trading using indicator conditions

lanredos

Hello All,

I am new to MotiveWave and I was wondering if it is possible to automatically place trades when certain indicator conditions have been satisfied e.g. Sell 50% of my current AAPL position if the price falls below 20EMA.

After going through some tutorials on the MotiveWave site and Youtube, I notice one way of doing this is to set up trade alerts. However, this is applicable to components drawn on the screen. Right-clicking on an indicator (such as the 20EMA) does not give me the ability to set up an alert (and by extension, a trade alert).

If there is a tutorial or documentation that exists somewhere, please point me in the right direction. I would also like to know if this is not possible at the moment and if it can be custom-coded.

Thanks in advance.

Donovan2580

You can do exactly what you are looking for, however unless you have the Pro Edition (or higher) I do not believe you will have this option.

Based on your parameters here is an example of the alert function that can trigger trades.

You can close out of the entire position or set up how many shares you want to sell when the trigger is activated.

Hope that helps :)

1634180725358.png

1634180795060.png

Last edited:

lanredos

Thank you so much for that response!

I have a follow-up question... is it possible to save an alert and apply it to a ticker using a keyboard shortcut?

I am trying to use this for intra-day trading and I am looking for a way to avoid multiple clicks to set up an indicator alert for each ticker

Last edited:

Donovan2580

I believe the closest you can get to what you are looking for is the following:

Assuming your parameters are the same for each ticker just "Save defaults" once you have the correct parameters entered. There is a separate save defaults button on each tab of the window.

To assign a hotkey go into the preferences menu and set it up as shown below. General > Keyboard > Keyboard (I am not sure why sounds is highlighted in blue :rolleyes:)

Capture.JPG