anyone in Australia can please give the name of Brokers that are linked to MW platform please

JustinB

Hi all

As in the title any brokers in Australia who link up with motive wave? If your out there in Australia please let me know.

I will join your organisation in a flash.

Does anyone know of any brokers here in Australia who even know of MW? I am yet to find any?

Thanks

JustinB

JustinB

Hi mate

So with IB you can get live steaming data of the ASX200 onto your platform and then do pending orders on your platform which is then linked and executed by IB in Australia yes but the order and feeds is done by IB?

JustinB

Leatherneck

Correct, as long as your subscribed to the correct exchanges. I do believe though that your limited to only 100 symbols unless you purchase symbol booster pack.

JustinB

Thanks heaps mate.

I need to call IB. I think they are in Sydney. I am in Perth

Thanks again.
We might talk soon if ok with you mate?

JustinB

Leatherneck

I'll be around, if you find that the data isn't good enough there are alternatives that will do what you want and you can still use IB too clear through

hammadshahir

I'll also suggest Interactive Brokers for Stocks and Futures trading. But order flow chart loads a bit slower.

JustinB

Hi Anyone in Australia.

Please can you advise if you ever have trouble with Interactive Brokers.

I have reactivated my account and am trying to do a notification of intention to transfer funds and it does not work.

They are working on the issue but it is not resolved yet.

My main objective is to get live ASX200 streaming data into my Motive Wave platform other then Metastock Xenith. Metastock Xenith is great but comes at one hell of a price per year or month and I cant trade thru them.

The only broker I have found who I can link into my MW platforn who has a presence in Australia is Interactive and they are the only one I find who say I can do short selling. I am not interested in short selling thru CFD's just doing what I would call a naked short. If anyone has any suggestions either how to sort the Interactive issue out I have mentioned or other brokers in Australia who can be linked to Motive Wave and allow short selling please please let me know.

Surely I am not the only person In Australia who uses Motive Wave and wants to do short selling and link the Motive Wave platform to a broker in Australia who can provide both the data and the ability to short sel?.

Thanks to all for taking time to ride my cry for help.

JustinB

pmwqld

Hi JustinB,
I use MotiveWave with InteractiveBrokers data feed within Australia for serveral years. I have had no problems to date other than the cost that the ASX charges (which IB pass on). I have a master account which manages a few entities like a company and a super fund. As such they regard the data feed as commercial which costs $109.50 per month. It's much less if your account is regarded as personal.

PetrJ

Hi JustinB,
I use MotiveWave with InteractiveBrokers data feed within Australia for serveral years. I have had no problems to date other than the cost that the ASX charges (which IB pass on). I have a master account which manages a few entities like a company and a super fund. As such they regard the data feed as commercial which costs $109.50 per month. It's much less if your account is regarded as personal.

Are you also having an annoying issue with L2 order book not loading fully (and having to close and reopen to load it fully) in motivewave? When asx is in preopen or closing auction the order book depth keeps partially disappearing and reappearing seconds later

pmwqld

Are you also having an annoying issue with L2 order book not loading fully (and having to close and reopen to load it fully) in motivewave? When asx is in preopen or closing auction the order book depth keeps partially disappearing and reappearing seconds later
Yes, I have the same problems with L2 order book with IB Trader Workstation, and IB Mobile Phone App pre open.
My Motivewave version is 6.2.5, and I have tried to use the Market Depth in the past and had problems with getting incomplete data. So I went to IB tools for Market Depth and had less problems with it, so I'm in the habit of using it now.
I only use IB tools for the actual trade because of all the supported trade types (which in the past were not supported on Motivewave) and use Motivewave for the analysis.

PetrJ

Yes, I have the same problems with L2 order book with IB Trader Workstation, and IB Mobile Phone App pre open.
My Motivewave version is 6.2.5, and I have tried to use the Market Depth in the past and had problems with getting incomplete data. So I went to IB tools for Market Depth and had less problems with it, so I'm in the habit of using it now.
I only use IB tools for the actual trade because of all the supported trade types (which in the past were not supported on Motivewave) and use Motivewave for the analysis.
Glad i'm not the only one. I dont have any issues with order book in TWS so i've sent motive wave and email 2 days ago but haven't got a reply. i was thinking about buying a couple of years of support while its on special but this makes me think maybe its not worth the 220USD/year