[Solved] Anyone else missing backfill data lately?

mikrom

This is the 1D chart on ES, I don't get backfills before july 2023. It's the same on both the continuous contract and the front contract. Same issue with NQ and CL and probably other instruments.
I didn't have this problem before. Did something change in the backend recently? I'm using CQG.

1713466949331.png

igor.s

@ES is not a CQG symbol. Do you have another data provider that messing up with your chart?

mikrom

@ES is not a CQG symbol. Do you have another data provider that messing up with your chart?

That's just the continuous contract that was added by MotiveWave, the underlying symbol is EP. But even if I go to the underlying contract directly (EPM24) I still have no backfills before july 2023.
I don't use any other data provider. You don't have the same issue with yours?

1713543204378.png

mikrom

Alright, thanks.

I actually created a new workspace with default settings and it shows historical data so there must be a bug in my normal workspace. Sigh. I'm guessing something broke after I switched from rithmic to CQG a couple weeks ago.

Will have to do some "debugging".

1713543970256.png

mikrom

I figured it out. If anyone has the same issue in the future, this is what fixed it for me:
  1. Do a backup first
  2. Open Configure -> Instruments
  3. Click the Advanced button at the bottom. Then click all 3 buttons there (Clear all local data, Remove Unused Exchanges, Delete Expired). I had already tried "Clear local data" earlier on the specific contract I used but that didn't help.
1713545882336.png

What I suspect may have happened:
In my broker I changed from Rithmic to CQG a while ago, then restored my previous rithmic workspace. MotiveWave automatically converts the symbols on the charts to the CQG equivalents (which is great), but when I compared the total amount of instruments with a clean workspace I have 2680 instead of 2272 total instruments, so I'm guessing there was leftover data that caused conflicts somehow. I still have 2680 instruments after doing this but at least the backfill works now.