Anchoring Vwap

Hi,
I would like to have one vwap study anchored to the COVID low and one anchored to the ATH.
Is this possible?

ScottyA

I would like to have one vwap study anchored to the COVID low and one anchored to the ATH.

Yes, it's possible, but I'm not aware of an ITB MotiveWave Study that can do this. Check out: Better VWAP 2.0. Reach out to them to make sure the Study appears on the proper timeframe you desire (weekly, monthly, etc.), because it's going to require a higher timeframe to accomplish what you're going for.

You might also reach out to Zach at TheVWAP to see if he can help you with a custom Study.

thanks, yeah I have seen better VWAP.
Just wanted to confirm if its not a feature or I'm missing something in settings.

Donovan2580

I believe you can do that by using the VWAP from the components panel. Once you drag the VWAP study onto the chart there will be little "handles" on either end in which you can place on a specific bar. I put these on a weekly chart to see if it would work - Green is anchored to ATH and Yellow is to the Covid low.

Is that what you were looking for?? I am no VWAP expert - but thought I would give it a try since I thought I had remembered seeing the ability to "drag the anchor" using this method in the release notes.

VWAP.PNG

I believe you can do that by using the VWAP from the components panel. Once you drag the VWAP study onto the chart there will be little "handles" on either end in which you can place on a specific bar. I put these on a weekly chart to see if it would work - Green is anchored to ATH and Yellow is to the Covid low.

Is that what you were looking for?? I am no VWAP expert - but thought I would give it a try since I thought I had remembered seeing the ability to "drag the anchor" using this method in the release notes.

View attachment 1264Exactly what I was looking for, thankyou!