An idea for better implementation of Snap Mode for Trend Lines and Horizontal Lines

Vitali

Hello!

I use Trend Lines and Horizontal Lines extensively every day in MotiveWave. I hate that by default they always snap to the nearest bar top or bottom. This behavior is very annoying. There are many different schools of technical analysis. Not everybody draws their trend lines at the tip of a candle wicks. I want to be able to draw lines where I want to draw them and not have the software tell me where I can and can’t draw them. I’ve tried multiple charting software packages and none of them have trend lines that snap to specific area on a chart, without giving you at least an option in Settings to turn snap mode off.

In MotiveWave there is no global setting to turn Trend Lines or Horizontal Lines Snap Mode off. You can only temporarily turn Snap Mode off by holding an Alt button on the keyboard while drawing it. This is a very awkward implementation to say the least. On top of that, there is a horrible bug that adds an infinite Extension to your trend lines on the right side when using Alt fix. This bug affects Trend Lines and Horizontal Lines. I’ve created a post describing this bug in detail over here: https://support.motivewave.com/forum/index.php?threads/a-bug-glitch-inside-the-motivewave.1555/

I have an idea for a better, more efficient implementation of a snap mode for Trend Lines and Horizontal Lines. Instead of holding Alt every time you want to disable Snap for Trend Lines, why not have a Global Settings toggle that turns snap mode on and off with a check mark. As an alternative, a toggle could be placed in the Properties of Trend Lines and Horizontal Lines. It would make life a whole lot easier for those of us who don’t want trend lines to snap to the nearest bar top or bottom.

Thank you for this consideration.

Vitali