Amp Futures, level 1 or 2?

cLeverEdge

Does anyone have any recent experience with Amp Futures?

I have read mixed reviews, with a common complaint being (at least a while back) that whilst their commissions appear 'cheap' on the surface, there are hidden broker fees. I'm not sure if this is still the case?

Also, i'm using MotiveWave mostly for footprint charts and have no immediate intention of using the DOM. Would level 1 data suffice, or would I need level 2? I tried a demo of Rithmic but was clearly level 2, so not sure.

Thanks

TickScalp

I have a problem with lv1 data: i am only subscribed to CME lv2 data, and it's all fine there.
But on other mkts, comex nymex i hv only lv1 data (cqg), and on the motivewave the book is empty! i dnt see the best bid ask, only the last price

cLeverEdge

I have a problem with lv1 data: i am only subscribed to CME lv2 data, and it's all fine there.
But on other mkts, comex nymex i hv only lv1 data (cqg), and on the motivewave the book is empty! i dnt see the best bid ask, only the last price

Thanks - if level 1 only shows last price then it won't work on footprint charts, as they need current (and historical) bid and ask prices.

cLeverEdge

i think it's a problem of the dom

DOM is different to footprint charts (footprint charts are called "volume imprint" on MotiveWave)

DOM definately requires level 2 data to work

When I trialled Rithmic level 2, DOM worked as it should

Omegaknight

I have a live account with them. I had issues in the past with them incorrectly applying higher commissions than they were supposed to, but I believe that came from miscommunication between them and myself. They fixed that issue and even refunded me their overcharges, and I haven't had any issues since.

You can see the exact cost of your trades with them with this link.

cLeverEdge

I have a live account with them. I had issues in the past with them incorrectly applying higher commissions than they were supposed to, but I believe that came from miscommunication between them and myself. They fixed that issue and even refunded me their overcharges, and I haven't had any issues since.

You can see the exact cost of your trades with them with this link.

Thanks @Omegaknight - good to hear and thanks for sending the calculator across.

Are you by any chance using CQG? Heard mixed reviews on that too.

Omegaknight

I was using CQG, literally switched to Rithmic this month because I want to see the whole order book and not the 10 levels above/below current price.

What kind of issues were you hearing with CQG?

cLeverEdge

I was using CQG, literally switched to Rithmic this month because I want to see the whole order book and not the 10 levels above/below current price.

What kind of issues were you hearing with CQG?

I've seen a few mention the feed dropping out or losing ticks during news releases (and directly comparing it to Rithmic which hadn't suffered the same issue) yet others say they hadn't noticed anything. But again, some of these are older reviews and it's hard to say whether or not they may have experienced local internet issue.

But seeing as i'm not scalping news or in need of DOM (yet) then i'm veering towards CQG via AMP for now.

Omegaknight

I've been running CQG live and Rithmic paperfeed through Leeloo evaluation accounts and haven't really seen any issues with the feed themselves. If there have been any, its because my connection was having issues.

The one thing I noticed today with my rithmic feed is when I switched to micro contracts I was having problems with getting the charts to load, not sure whats up with that yet though.