Almost instant chart loading

temperson

I think this the most important feature to improve MotiveWave: to be able to load charts quickly, like on tradingview.

Actual chart loading is extremely low in comparison to the other charting platforms and I think this should be improved urgently.

MotiveWave_Joe

Staff member
Hi Temperson,

The loading of data is completely dependent on the connecting broker or data provider's server and the amount of data being requested. For example, if you are using studies that require a large amount of tick data, then the server will take more time to process the request. Once the initial load of data is done, it is saved locally making further retrieval quite fast. We also backfill futures data with some connections making the retrieval of data much quicker. More information can be found here: https://support.motivewave.com/knowledge-base/futures-contract-backfill/

temperson

Hi Temperson,

The loading of data is completely dependent on the connecting broker or data provider's server and the amount of data being requested. For example, if you are using studies that require a large amount of tick data, then the server will take more time to process the request. Once the initial load of data is done, it is saved locally making further retrieval quite fast. We also backfill futures data with some connections making the retrieval of data much quicker. More information can be found here: https://support.motivewave.com/knowledge-base/futures-contract-backfill/

Using AMP CQG with a simple chart with only candles, the loading can take quite time sometimes, specially switching timeframes.

On the other hand, using NinjaTrader or other platforms on the same data provider only take a few seconds or almost instant to display.
This totally ruins my experience with MotiveWave and I wish it could load as quick as the other platforms.

Specially for daytraders, who need to access data as quick as possible, this is crucial.