Allow setting of grid line spacing

Jan

As far as I can see there is no way currently to manually set the spacing of the grid lines. I think it would be great if that was possible.

The reason is that price often reacts to round numbers. So I could set my grid spacing to 100 and only get the round numbers. In addition, currently the grid spacing changes when I move my chart to the left or right and the chart rescales. So you never actually know what the grid spacing is after shifting the chart, until you look at the scale. That makes it harder to compare the size of moves based on those lines.

igor.s

The platform does not offer that functionality out of the box. I had to code a study which draws grid lines with a defined interval. It is relatively easy to do that and you would get a customizable (line type, color, line width) grid.
I trade NQ, so my grid 25, 50, 100, 500 depending on the time frame.

cheers.

Reactions: Jan

Jan

The platform does not offer that functionality out of the box. I had to code a study which draws grid lines with a defined interval. It is relatively easy to do that and you would get a customizable (line type, color, line width) grid.
I trade NQ, so my grid 25, 50, 100, 500 depending on the time frame.

cheers.
The problem is that those lines might bog down the computer speed.

igor.s

I haven’t notice any performance degradation. I have 5 charts on the screen with different grid step. The trading charts are not like games with heavy graphics :)

• Haha
Reactions: Jan

Jan

I haven’t notice any performance degradation. I have 5 charts on the screen with different grid step. The trading charts are not like games with heavy graphics :)
I see, I see. Would you be willing to share this indicator? ;) I trade NQ also. Maybe there is a way to do that here, or somehow privately?