Adjust session times for TPO

kc6

Hi all,

Fairly new user of MotiveWave so apologies if this has been covered elsewhere before, but I have not been able to find a solution in the user guide or the forum.

I've just realized my TPO profiles are being constructed using data from 09:30 - 17:00 EST (see screenshot of March 31 2023 session - the last two TPO periods should not be included in the study). I have the "RTH Data" box checked in the General settings.

How can I configure the TPO study to only look at the RTH session from 09:30 - 16:00?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-04-03 at 13.21.04.png
    Screenshot 2023-04-03 at 13.21.04.png
    252 KB · Views: 18
  • Screenshot 2023-04-03 at 13.21.33.png
    Screenshot 2023-04-03 at 13.21.33.png
    50.7 KB · Views: 18

Donovan2580

You will need to either create a new time session or edit the existing one.

Go to the main preferences menu and then General > Trading Hours.

I have played around with this & I would suggest creating a new one, or at the very least make a backup of MotiveWave before you change it. It will change the settings for the entire instrument and not just your TPO chart.

If you need specific help of how to point the instrument at the new time session, etc just let me know. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: kc6

kc6

You will need to either create a new time session or edit the existing one.

Go to the main preferences menu and then General > Trading Hours.

I have played around with this & I would suggest creating a new one, or at the very least make a backup of MotiveWave before you change it. It will change the settings for the entire instrument and not just your TPO chart.

If you need specific help of how to point the instrument at the new time session, etc just let me know. :)
Thanks for the pointer. That did the trick :)

For future viewers of this thread, see here: https://www.motivewave.com/support/how_to/define_trading_hours.htm