Adding SAXO(The branch in Switzerland), Dukascopy(The branch in Switzerland), ADSS(The branch in UAE),Swissquote(The branch in Switzerland),LMAX,TD-A?

Blonde

Dear Motivewave Research and Development team,

I hereby request for adding broker support for connection for Order/Position management and live Data feeds for SAXO(The branch in Switzerland), Dukascopy(The branch in Switzerland), ADSS(The branch in UAE), Swissquote(The branch in Switzerland) and LMAX(The branch in New Zealand), and TD-Ameritrade (The branch in the USA) for Spot Forex and Futures as for the exact branch mentioned, in case they have different branches with different API connectivity requirement, I wanted to clarify the exact branch in API connection integration for Order/Position management and Data feeds connectivity, please?

Please kindly don't forget to allow/enable Hedging in the Spot Forex instruments with these brokers for taking multiple Long and Short positions at the same time for these brokers in Motivewave-Ultimate?

Thank you in advance
Best regards

Last edited:

danielputra

Dear MotiveWave Research and Development team,

Yes, I would also love having a direct connection to Saxo Bank, to get started see

Once available, I gladly assist with testing.

Spin

I second the above opinions. I believe this could be a nice alternative to people in the EU, since they are no longer able to trade with MW, because the 'beloved' EU changed its regulations at the beginning of July 2021, banning European Retail traders from using 'third party apps & platforms'.

I wrote about this before:

https://support.motivewave.com/forum/index.php?threads/brexit-leverage-forex.606/post-2720

EDIT:
  1. I posted the wrong link before :cautious:
  2. I will also clarify that Switzerland is not part of the EU 🇪🇺🇪🇺🇪🇺, but some Europeans (France, Germany, Luxemburg, ...) can quite easily open accounts there, circumventing the EU regulations (have not tested this, but pretty sure this will work 🇨🇭🇨🇭🇨🇭), and by doing so MW would be effectively offering those poor EU citizens a way to trade with MW again (they are now pushed into using their broker's website or proprietary platform), instead of only using it for analysis & charting

Last edited:

Per

Are you sure about this? I've never heard about it.

From what I can see Nordnet still offers an API where orders can be placed etc.

I've asked before for @MotiveWave_Jason to add this broker but it never seems to get to the top of the list.

Perhaps it is only forex which is banned?

API details:

Considering it is a very well recognised platform across the Nordics I would have thought it would be interesting for MW to add it.

danielputra

An additional argument for adding Saxo Bank is that they are actually a Danish investment bank and its subsidiaries are present in the form of separate legal entities in different regions of the world (e.g. Switzerland). So an API integration with Saxo Bank opens up access to traders in all these regions.

Their margin for stocks is 10x which is very gratious especially when comparing to US brokers where it is mostly 4x.
Their proprietary charts are not bad but do not even come close to what we can do with MotiveWave.
They have over 200 million OpenAPI requests a day, so their interfaces are very stable.

I have placed already many trades with them over the last 2 years and am very happy with the account. So linking it to MotiveWave would be a great win.

Spin

Well... i haven't tried it yet, but I believe FXCM EU ( the cyprus affiliate ) is still available to trade through motivewave.

Also, since addings more possibilities: ctrader has open java api: https://github.com/spotware/ctrader-open-api-v2-java-example

This of course, enables alot of "famous" brokers immediatly like ICMarkets, Pepperstone, etc..
I can confirm that I can no longer trade through FXCM with MW, and Oanda also only allows their own 'tradingsoftware' (since July or so)
I have been in contact with both their helpdesks and both told me that EU / National legislation no longer allows this.

But for both the dataconnection still works.

alexjp

I can confirm that I can no longer trade through FXCM with MW, and Oanda also only allows their own 'tradingsoftware' (since July or so)
I have been in contact with both their helpdesks and both told me that EU / National legislation no longer allows this.

Sniff...

Thanks the EU for protecting our interests in forcing us to use the brokers "whole broken package", instead of allowing us to use something that might help us!

THANKS EU !!!!!

alexjp

Actually ... I just tested with a bogus limit order on FXCM EU (Cyprus) ... and it worked ! order was transmited from MotiveWave and visible on fxcm's tradestation.
So .... It works :)

Spin

Consider yourself lucky, @alexjp ! :)
I heard form others that it does still work in some EU countries, but mine also 'chickened out' and our National legislation forbids the use of 'third-party trading tools' now.
I am afraid many more EU countries will follow and eventually also enforce the rules that the EU is suggesting ("We need to protect those poor silly amateur traders ! It's in their own best interest")
If you would like to investigate this further, check out the (not so) new EU rules that I was kindly asked to read by FXCM:
https://www.esma.europa.eu/policy-rules/mifid-ii-and-mifir

*sniff* indeed

1637218706102.png