Adding an alert to an existing MW study that does not have one

Donovan2580

Hello,

Currently I use the support and resistance lines drawn in by the Volume Imprint study (Imbalance)

There is no way to set up an alert when these populate. Since the source code is out there, I was wondering if anyone knows if it is possible to add an audible alert to this?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Donovan

For those not familiar with the study and sub-menu I am referring to - Here it is:

Capture.JPG

Spin

I looked into this and I certainly think this is possible :)

It will require some custom coding though.

The Volume Imprint Study is a fine piece of coding-craftsmanship, some 1800 lines long. It is without a doubt one of the most complicated and elaborate Studies in the MW-standard-package.

I inspected the code and figured out which part draws the lines. One would be able to add an alarm every time such a line is drawn. These alarms would be 'signals', and would offer the trader the option to be alerted by popup, sound or even email (example from the EMA-Study):

You could then add this 'Alert VImprint' to a bunch of charts, and be warned every time a line appears on one of them. Such a Study would also form the basis for a MW-Strategy that actually (automatically) trades those lines (although the creation of such a Strategy requires additional coding)

Full disclosure: I code for money (and tea). Please refer to my signature below 👇👇

Attachments

• 1614502585290.png
    1614502585290.png
    55.5 KB · Views: 8

Donovan2580

Thank you for the response Spin!

I just emailed you after checking out your site 🤓

Denvermotive

I looked into this and I certainly think this is possible :)

It will require some custom coding though.

The Volume Imprint Study is a fine piece of coding-craftsmanship, some 1800 lines long. It is without a doubt one of the most complicated and elaborate Studies in the MW-standard-package.

I inspected the code and figured out which part draws the lines. One would be able to add an alarm every time such a line is drawn. These alarms would be 'signals', and would offer the trader the option to be alerted by popup, sound or even email (example from the EMA-Study):

View attachment 633

You could then add this 'Alert VImprint' to a bunch of charts, and be warned every time a line appears on one of them. Such a Study would also form the basis for a MW-Strategy that actually (automatically) trades those lines (although the creation of such a Strategy requires additional coding)

Full disclosure: I code for money (and tea). Please refer to my signature below 👇👇

Can you add alert to Large order study(by setting custom size settings)?