Add an Event Listener to listen to the drop down menu

Chaklader

I have an Oscillator tab in the UI with various Oscillators that I can select from the drop-down menu and want to change the UI/ tabs based on the respective Oscillator. The UI can be like this:

The initialize method is provided below:

Code:
    @Override
    public void initialize(Defaults defaults) {

var sd = createSD();
        var oscillatorsTab = sd.addTab("Oscillators");

var osInputs = oscillatorsTab.addGroup("Oscillators");
        Object[] oscillatorTypes = new Object[Oscillators.values().length];

int index = 0;

for (Oscillators os : Oscillators.values()) {

oscillatorTypes[index++] = os.getLabel();
        }

InputDescriptor category = new InputDescriptor(Inputs.INPUT, "Category", oscillatorTypes, Oscillators.RATE_OF_CHAANGE);
        osInputs.addRow(category);

var tab = sd.addTab(get("TAB_GENERAL"));

var inputs = tab.addGroup(get("LBL_INPUTS"));
        inputs.addRow(new InputDescriptor(Inputs.INPUT, get("LBL_INPUT"), Enums.BarInput.values(), Enums.BarInput.CLOSE));
        inputs.addRow(new IntegerDescriptor(Inputs.PERIOD, get("LBL_PERIOD"), 14, 1, 9999, 1));

var lines = tab.addGroup(get("LBL_COLORS"));
        lines.addRow(new PathDescriptor(Inputs.PATH, get("LBL_LINE"), defaults.getLineColor(), 1.0f, null));
        lines.addRow(new IndicatorDescriptor(Inputs.IND, get("LBL_INDICATOR"), null, null, false, true, true));

//         Quick Settings (Tool Bar and Popup Editor)
        sd.addQuickSettings(Inputs.INPUT);
        sd.addQuickSettings(new SliderDescriptor(Inputs.PERIOD, get("LBL_PERIOD"), 14, 1, 9999, true, Enums.Icon.SINE_WAVE::get));
        sd.addQuickSettings(Inputs.PATH);

var desc = createRD();
        desc.setLabelSettings(Inputs.INPUT, Inputs.PERIOD);
        desc.exportValue(new ValueDescriptor(Momentum.Values.M, get("LBL_MOMENTUM"), new String[]{Inputs.INPUT, Inputs.PERIOD}));
        desc.declarePath(Momentum.Values.M, Inputs.PATH);
        desc.declareIndicator(Momentum.Values.M, Inputs.IND);
        desc.setRangeKeys(Momentum.Values.M);

}

This is the enum that holds the Oscillators:

Code:
enum Oscillators {

MOMENTUM(MyUtil.strings.get("Momentum", new Object[0]), "Momentum"),

RATE_OF_CHAANGE(MyUtil.strings.get("Rate Of Change", new Object[0]), "Rate Of Change"),

RSI(MyUtil.strings.get("Relative Strength Index", new Object[0]), "Relative Strength Index");

}

I would like to add an event listener to the Oscillator category change and if the Oscillator changed, the UI (say, another tab) needs to change based on that.

How do I add an event listener, at least to log/ print that the category is changing by the customer?

Last edited:

aquadreamer

Did you find a way to do that? I am also trying to add/show/hide tabs based on the selection of a drop-down.

Would be great if you can help me with what you found!