Accidentally deleted the Options page at the bottom of the console...

Donovan2580

Click on the "+" at the bottom

Capture.PNG

And then you will see this screen :)

Or you can get there from File > New > New Page

Capture.PNG

BenjFranklin

Hello and thanks. The Options Page option is not available for some reason (probably because I accidentally deleted it). Any other thoughts? Either way, thank you again.

Attachments

• MW missing options page.JPG
    MW missing options page.JPG
    181.5 KB · Views: 4

nooris

You only have an options page if your broker specifically allows it. For example I trade with AMP-CQG and they don't allow options using MotiveWave. If I want to play with options I have to use CQGweb. Not sure if that relates to your situation or not.

BenjFranklin

You only have an options page if your broker specifically allows it. For example I trade with AMP-CQG and they don't allow options using MotiveWave. If I want to play with options I have to use CQGweb. Not sure if that relates to your situation or not.
HI Nooris. I use IBKR's TWS and IBKR does allow options and I have options trading permission. Plus, that Options page was there once and I must have deleted it. Any other thoughts are appreciated.

barker

darn, no solution, this happened to me with tda and now cannot create new options page

nooris

darn, no solution, this happened to me with tda and now cannot create new options page
Make a new workspace. The options page might be there by default. Of course that's a really crappy solution, and will take a lot of time to rebuild the workspace again.

I'd love to meet the genius who thought putting a big close X button on a bunch of crowded tabs (which rarely ever need deleting) was a good idea. Why not keep such action after a right click.

barker

Make a new workspace. The options page might be there by default. Of course that's a really crappy solution, and will take a lot of time to rebuild the workspace again.

I'd love to meet the genius who thought putting a big close X button on a bunch of crowded tabs (which rarely ever need deleting) was a good idea. Why not keep such action after a right click.
It seems it is as it should be for one of the users posted in this thread, but the rest of us cannot replicate it simply does not show up. It’s one of the frustrations. At the moment since it’s TDA, I only have a TPO and an imprint set up for a single Stocks, but I was kind of looking forward in attempting to create custom studies for options. Kind of off-topic but has anyone found a way to get the internal data from TDA to work? I tried creating a graph where it would populate from a source like IQ but it’s not showing up under or under the $TICK.

barker

It’s kind of funny because I accidentally closed it by pressing a single button with the mouse, trying to click something else, but it didn’t give a prompt at all and now when I go to close other tabs, it gives me the prompt asking me if I want to close