A few general questions/requests Pt.1

TeeJay

Hi, I also wrote a mail to support but did not get an answer until now, maybe this is also due to a lot of requests, don't know. Since the mail I also extended the list a bit.
This covers more topics here so if I should split it up into categories please tell me. Would be very nice to get some feedback on that as MW is a really nice platform and I would be looking forward to buy it if these things could be sorted. There are some QOL issues that would be nice to be fixed or known going to be fixed before I buy.

1. Why did you make certain settings pixel dependent??
This makes the UI very user unfriendly. E.g Top inset, Bottom inset and study height in the chart parameters. This should not be in pixels at all. Imagine working with screens with several resolutions or on the same screen using different chart sizes (in terms of real pixels). You would either have to make one single template for every chart size (in terms of pixels) and for every screen you use it on because these settings are always absolute pixels. If a study height is 150 pixels on a fullscreen chart I don't want to have a 150 pixel study height in a chart which is only 600 or a 1000 pixels. If I use 300 pixels inset on a fullscreen chart I don't want to have 300 pixels inset on a 1000 px chart, as there would be 400 left for the price indication...

These are typical settings that should be done on a percentage setting in terms of percentage of the total used window height/viewport.
Then there is no hassle with this anymore and the same proportions anywhere you use it. That makes it way more usable. And it should be really easy to implement.

2. No matter what I do or try. I am living in Europe and trade only in the US. So if I set the Time Zone to America/NY I expect it to stay there. I can apply it as often as I wish it gets always resetted to Europe. Use Default is unchecked of course.

3. Would it be a problem to get another setting for the OHLC charts? So you can not only set the pixel width of the bars but set a second width for the small OC lines on the bars, so one can make them a little bit thinner than the bars itself?

4. Not so important but as a question if there could be bracket orders implemented. For TP and SL in one order.

5. A nice little addon would be if you could enter an amount in the order entry which would calculate the shares to be bought / or ticks traded and fill out the quantity field. That would save some valuable time and an additional step to do when entering an order.

6. I am completely confused with your exchanges, i.e. NASDAQ. With Interactive Brokers you have no NASDAQ per se as a symbol, you have the BEX, the PSX which are both parts of NASDAQ if you wish, and you have ISLAND, which should be "core" NASDAQ. I don't use SMART routed prices in charts as this is utter nonsense to me.
So what I found here for instance for FRPT in your search tool (the second entry is the primary exchange) :
FRPT:NASDAQ:NASDAQ (which cannot exist in IB at all, as there is no NASDAQ)
FRPT:SMART:NASDAQ
FRPT and all the other excahnges from IB, so also FRPT:ISLAND:NASDAQ, which should be correct for NASDAQ
Where does FRPT:NASDAQ:NASDAQ come from, it does not exist in IB?

More important, your volume for FRPT:ISLAND:NASDAQ is different from the volume given in TWS (about double the volume for trading day 27/05, 134k TWS to 216K MW). So as volume is important for me this is questionable and I would like an answer to it.
Also the closing price is different (77.515 TWS to 77.40 MW). These differences are way too off.

7. I use the ruler a lot for my analyzing and there are definitely issues with drawing. I added some examples.

8. I use the data feed from IB. So how can it be (like with the volume) that I have a complete different day bar in MW against IB. I added an example with AMZN for 27/05, 5th bar (in MW picture 6th bar), also the O/C prices are always off, like described above for FRPT example

9. Why can I see only basic data from IB in the account? Buying power, available funds, margin fields etc. are all empty.

10. How can I do a simple price relative in MW? I did not find it. E.g. AMZN:SPX or AMZN/SPX is like it is named mostly, and then display that as a line? Is it not possible in MW?

11. When you set a price indicator to draw on top, which is a really nice feature, the price indicator of the crosshair should really overrule that always, so one can see where one is on the y-axis if using the crosshair. Would be way more usable that way.

Thanks,
Tom

TeeJay

Ok, regarding volume issues, O/C values and different bars from 6. and 10. I found out that you always have ETH activated in your built in exchanges, e.g. NYSE and NASDAQ. And one cannot change that. Why?
On top of that with the NASDAQ values you set the exchange trading hours for NASDAQ also to use ETH and as said IB has no NASDAQ in terms of selectable exchanges.
So, if I create a new "exchange" ISLAND and set the correct trading hours I want to see using only RTH then the bars are fixed and also the O/C values corresponding to TWS.
How in the world should I get >8000 symbols in my database now to show me only values of RTH, I am not interested in ETH at all. I cannot do it by hand :)

MotiveWave_Joe

Staff member
Hi Tom,

I have responded to you via email as your questions tend to be support related.

Thanks.
Joe