2 consoles / Break Even button

Hadwan

Hi,
2 questions:

1. I have 2 monitors and I cant figure out how to open a second console for my second monitor. The feature is not available under file-new. Is it because I have the order flow edition?

2. The break even button on Dom places additional limit order on my break even point. When I am in a trade, and I have active orders, and I want to get out of the trade fast, when I press the break even button, and price gets filled i am left with my bracket orders active which I have to cancel. It would me more efficient if the break even button moves active orders to break even instead of placing additional ones.

Thank you

luissantillana33

sorry, i didn't see that you had the orderflow edition only but that might be it. i would email support to confirm if you don't have that option.

once you open a new desktop & save it/ rename it to what you like. you can close & open it from file - open - desktop

Hadwan

sorry, i didn't see that you had the orderflow edition only but that might be it. i would email support to confirm if you don't have that option.

once you open a new desktop & save it/ rename it to what you like. you can close & open it from file - open - desktop
Thank you

Tigger

2. The break even button on Dom places additional limit order on my break even point. When I am in a trade, and I have active orders, and I want to get out of the trade fast, when I press the break even button, and price gets filled i am left with my bracket orders active which I have to cancel. It would me more efficient if the break even button moves active orders to break even instead of placing additional ones.

Thank you

Agreed, the current functionality of the Break Even button is useless. It would be better to keep existing OCO orders in place, and bring all of the profit stops X ticks from the entry price. Otherwise the position is left unprotected.

zendog

Found this out the hard way. Completely ridiculous that Break Even doesn't cancel ALL standing stops. Only way to avoid an accident, monitor the orders panel and cancel all after getting filled.

Tigger

@Motivewave, would it be possible to address the functionality of the "Break Even" button in the DOM? The way that it currently operates is not really useful for traders.

From my perspective, what the "Break Even" button in the DOM should do is gather all of the Profit Limit Orders above (below) average price and move them to within X ticks of the average price. This gives a trader the best chance to get out of a trade without resorting to Flatten All.