Bid/Ask columns suggestion

heispark

Just a small suggestion..... How about adding an option to put both columns in a single side to save screen space. It's a big waste of space. If I have wider bar, I can see MBO details more easily. I attached a sample from Bookmap for your reference:

Last edited:

MotiveWave_Jason

Staff member
Hello heispark,

Can you place orders from this single DOM column in Bookmap? If so, how do you differentiate between a limit/market/stop order?

I will add your request to the list, I agree it could save space when displaying MBO depth.

Thank you.

heispark

Hello heispark,

Can you place orders from this single DOM column in Bookmap? If so, how do you differentiate between a limit/market/stop order?

I will add your request to the list, I agree it could save space when displaying MBO depth.

Thank you.
Hi, Jason

You're correct. We need current DOM layout to trade directly from DOM. I didn't think of it.... my fault. That's the reason why other platforms also have similar DOM layout. 😓
Anyway, I attached a video to show how Bookmap implemented DOM trading in their platform. Just for your reference:

Thanks
Justin

heispark

My idea is adding a separate DOM study under Volume Based Study category which is similar to Bookmap style DOM (price axis is aligned with chart, no need to support DOM trading), so that users can add it to their DOM History (or whatever) chart as a study. I am a Bookmap user and this layout and alignment is very convenient. Except this, MW's DOM History is very competitive and I think it even can compete with Bookmap. Actually, I canceled the Bookmap subscription as DOM History just fits my demand.

Last edited:

heispark

Lastly, please have a look at this. Although I was informed this is not a bug, it still looks bizarre to me. Perhaps not only me. The bar length doesn't look proportional. I don't have any pending order. May need some improvement....? 🤔
(/ES)

Last edited:

heispark

Strange enough, it doesn't happen in micro e-mini S&P500 (MESZ): 😳
I used the same DOM template and I don't have any open position.
Anyone know why?
Also, unlike MESZ, ESZ doesn't have many MBO shown in Bid side. Now I am starting to question if I am watching accurate MBO data in DOM.....

(MESZ)

(ESZ)

Last edited:

heispark

This is /NQ. Also looks strange.... (Perhaps not very good example as it's captured after market close.)
DOM is very important to traders. Please check if everything's alright and accurate.

Last edited:

heispark

I think this issue has been introduced during recent updates. The following screenshot was taken on Oct 1, and this /ES DOM didn't have this issue.

PLEASE FIX DOM !!! 😨😢😭

Tony

Staff member
Hi Justin,

Its hard to tell from your video, but I suspect there is a row below the last visible bid that has a high volume.
The width of the background is proportional to the maximum bid volume of the depth book.
If you scroll the DOM down, there is probably a row that has a large value and this is squishing the ones above it.

heispark

Hi Justin,

Its hard to tell from your video, but I suspect there is a row below the last visible bid that has a high volume.
The width of the background is proportional to the maximum bid volume of the depth book.
If you scroll the DOM down, there is probably a row that has a large value and this is squishing the ones above it.
Such relative approach would lead to dwarfed bars which make visual comparison useless. How about copying Bookmap's approach? Their DOM is the best among others and some people like me eager to pay $49/month only to have this DOM.... 😉

Tony

Staff member
Thanks Justin,

We will look into making an optimization to only consider the visible rows when scaling the bars.

Tony

Staff member
Hi Justin,

Thanks for this suggestion. This has been implemented for 6.0.3 (should be available next week).
Here is a screen shot (see below). You can choose the Bid/Ask column from the'+' button in the top left corner of the table header.

Tony

Staff member
We added two options in 6.0.3 to address this (should be available next week):
  1. Max Scale Size - Sets an upper bound for the max size (if enabled). This will trim the effect of an unusually large order that dwarves the other orders sizes in the column.
  2. Scale Visible Rows Only - This will only use the maximum values from the visible rows instead of all rows.

heispark

Hi Justin,

Thanks for this suggestion. This has been implemented for 6.0.3 (should be available next week).
Here is a screen shot (see below). You can choose the Bid/Ask column from the'+' button in the top left corner of the table header.

View attachment 117
So COOOOL !!!! 😍👍👍👍
Thank you so much.

heispark

We added two options in 6.0.3 to address this (should be available next week):
  1. Max Scale Size - Sets an upper bound for the max size (if enabled). This will trim the effect of an unusually large order that dwarves the other orders sizes in the column.
  2. Scale Visible Rows Only - This will only use the maximum values from the visible rows instead of all rows.
View attachment 118
LEGEND !!!! 😍🤘

heispark

I installed 6.0.3 and found DOM scroll issue. When DOM pane size is not enough to show all the tabs, horizontal scroll doesn't display far right tab. Mac mouse horizontal scroll also gets stuck and I need to manually move scroll bar. Please refer to the following video:

MotiveWave_Jason

Staff member
I installed 6.0.3 and found DOM scroll issue. When DOM pane size is not enough to show all the tabs, horizontal scroll doesn't display far right tab. Mac mouse horizontal scroll also gets stuck and I need to manually move scroll bar. Please refer to the following video:

Hello Justin,

Thank you, this has been passed onto development.