TPO charts configuration

aminus04

Maybe someone could help me if this is possible, I am trying to invert the volume profile on the TPO charts so that the VP is not facing the TPO chart. Gets kinda annoying to have to space out the TPO and VP since theyre pointing at each other if one or the other gets too wide. I have added two pictures of my current settings in MotiveWave and then another picture of the TPO and VP pointing in the same direction so that if there is a lot of volume at a price, the bar doesnt extend into the TPO part. Thanks !

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-07-08 at 12.17.38 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-07-08 at 12.17.38 PM.png
    123.2 KB · Views: 101
  • Screen Shot 2020-07-08 at 12.17.13 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-07-08 at 12.17.13 PM.png
    337.7 KB · Views: 93
  • Screen Shot 2020-07-08 at 12.26.18 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-07-08 at 12.26.18 PM.png
    493.1 KB · Views: 90

MotiveWave_Jason

Staff member
Hello,

Under the Volume Profile tab, if you change the Display Side from Right to Left does this solve the issue? You could also make the bar size larger (Chart Settings) thus creating more room between the profiles.

Regards.

aminus04

Hello,

Under the Volume Profile tab, if you change the Display Side from Right to Left does this solve the issue? You could also make the bar size larger (Chart Settings) thus creating more room between the profiles.

Regards.

Thanks for the reply Jason. I tried that and its not what I was looking for, all that does is move the VP to the left side of the TPO. I was looking for the VP be on the right side of the TPO but oriented to the right and away from the TPOs. Its minor, so I guess I will deal with what I have I was just hoping there was a fix. Thanks again =)

Screen Shot 2020-07-08 at 4.01.21 PM.png

Reactions: t85

DITB

Jason, I second this feature request, but also in TPO study..... I can't seem to get the TPO letters to show up. I'm on 6.3; I hadn't tried it in earlier versions. I'm following the instructions in the Order Flow User Guide. Thanks.

t85

Would it also be possible to have an option to have the volume profile numbers show next to the "bars" instead of on top if we'd like? Also, I currently have to set my chart to some time amount, like 30 mins. But on a TPO chart, it would be great if the day tpos could themselves be the "linear" axis, so I wouldn't have to worry about gaps or overlaps.

Let me know if I'm not explaining this in a way that makes sense and I can try to elaborate.

Daimao

Also, I currently have to set my chart to some time amount, like 30 mins. But on a TPO chart, it would be great if the day tpos could themselves be the "linear" axis, so I wouldn't have to worry about gaps or overlaps.

Let me know if I'm not explaining this in a way that makes sense and I can try to elaborate.

To be more specific on this important point; There should not be a time scale on Market Profile charts. MP is a database of Time-to-Price, whereas traditional bar charts are graphing a database of Price-to-Time. Trying to slap a database of Time-to-Price onto a graph meant for Price-to-Time creates program logic issues with regards to UX. The TPO charts should be a close and static distance to each other. Furthermore the volume profiles should be a static scale as well, with the VPOC as the maximum width and all the other bars scaling off the VPOC. This allows you to fit many daily profiles on a single screen without having to zoom out just to see a recent balance area. This is an incredibly frustrating UX issue and exists on many platforms trying to implement Market Profile charting. Take note of this chart as an example, particularly how many sessions can be fit on a single screen:

Attachments

• 01-Balance-1.png
    01-Balance-1.png
    151.5 KB · Views: 68

t85

To be more specific on this important point; There should not be a time scale on Market Profile charts. MP is a database of Time-to-Price, whereas traditional bar charts are graphing a database of Price-to-Time. Trying to slap a database of Time-to-Price onto a graph meant for Price-to-Time creates program logic issues with regards to UX. The TPO charts should be a close and static distance to each other. Furthermore the volume profiles should be a static scale as well, with the VPOC as the maximum width and all the other bars scaling off the VPOC. This allows you to fit many daily profiles on a single screen without having to zoom out just to see a recent balance area. This is an incredibly frustrating UX issue and exists on many platforms trying to implement Market Profile charting. Take note of this chart as an example, particularly how many sessions can be fit on a single screen:
I couldn't have said it any better. Perfectly explained 👊

@MotiveWave_Jason or @MotiveWave_Joe 👆😜

Thaddeus

Pull up the TPO tab, Click on Display, Check the box Constrain Width. That will keep your TPO's from Overlapping

nestafarya

Pull up the TPO tab, Click on Display, Check the box Constrain Width. That will keep your TPO's from Overlapping
This doesn't work for me, and actually whole TPOs go missing. How can I get 2 weeks worth of daily TPOs on my 35" monitor? Or at least a week?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-04-24 at 7.45.58 PM.png
    Screenshot 2023-04-24 at 7.45.58 PM.png
    461.9 KB · Views: 17

itradefutures

This doesn't work for me, and actually whole TPOs go missing. How can I get 2 weeks worth of daily TPOs on my 35" monitor? Or at least a week?
Without sacrificing fidelity (e.g. using a higher tick value), I haven't found a clean way to do it.

If constrain width is set, you can get several RTH TPOs on one screen, but if you use ETH profiles too, MotiveWave seems to add a bunch of dead space between the ETH profile and the RTH one. It would be great if the profiles could function like Daimao mentioned.

I've never had entire TPOs go missing; however, that's a weird one.