Indicator Wish List

dsinnig

Hi everyone! We are looking to build new indicators for our MotiveWave users.
If you have a cool idea for a MW indicator, share it with us and we will look into developing it!

3percents

Hello,

Would it be possible to have a scanner that gives you all the pairs that the daily is in a 5 wave down and the weekly is in a 4 wave up? both conditions must be met before giving the list of pairs.

This would be an awesome indicator.

dsinnig

Hi 3percent - thanks for your input. I have received many requests related to the automated wave detection in MW. Unfortunately, this feature is currently unavailable via the API. Until this changes, I'm afraid there is nothing I can do.

Leatherneck

How about the ability to scan for a normal inside bar. I have the candlestick pack. Witch I believe is great but I'd also like to be able to look for a normal inside bar

Nikos

Hi everyone! I would like to ask please first to fix the Choppiness Index Indicator making it showing its current value on the right y-axis, because it does not show any value at all (Please see attachment). This rather modern but not very wide spread indicator, is a non linear indicator calculated with principles taken from fractal geometry and basically shows you when a security is trending or not trending (better in my view than ADX). If Chop index is approaching or at or above 61.8 level the security is not trending or ranging - coiling and at some point is going to burst. Well I would like this indicator which is non linear to be plotted (in same window perhaps) against a traditional wide spread viewed MACD or RSI, OBV, Stochastic, or a ROC(10) to see if this ROC(10) for example is exhausted or coiling - gathering energy for a subsequent burst. Like I would be able to see if the widespread indicator is about to turn or burst. The other thing I would like to add and I believe it would be a great inclusion in Motive Wave, is for modern Indicators like Force Index, True Strength Index, Stochastic Momentum Index and TRIX that use as input the Close Price or Midpoint of "1 period" (think of Force Index and True Strength Index for example) to be able to use the "close - open" input value of 1 period, like this the indicator is not affected from gaps occurring on the security. Then the indicator smooths it self by its own formula because these indicators include EMAs for smoothing, like this the gaps will not make it jump or dive abruptly making the indicator useless until it normalises after many periods ahead. THANKS KINDLY FOR YOUR ATTENTION.

Attachments

• 3-6-20,CI no value.png
    3-6-20,CI no value.png
    673.7 KB · Views: 101

dsinnig

How about the ability to scan for a normal inside bar. I have the candlestick pack. Witch I believe is great but I'd also like to be able to look for a normal inside bar

Thanks a good point. We'll add it in our next release of the indicator and will notify you.

dsinnig

Hi everyone! I would like to ask please first to fix the Choppiness Index Indicator making it showing its current value on the right y-axis, because it does not show any value at all (Please see attachment). This rather modern but not very wide spread indicator, is a non linear indicator calculated with principles taken from fractal geometry and basically shows you when a security is trending or not trending (better in my view than ADX). If Chop index is approaching or at or above 61.8 level the security is not trending or ranging - coiling and at some point is going to burst. Well I would like this indicator which is non linear to be plotted (in same window perhaps) against a traditional wide spread viewed MACD or RSI, OBV, Stochastic, or a ROC(10) to see if this ROC(10) for example is exhausted or coiling - gathering energy for a subsequent burst. Like I would be able to see if the widespread indicator is about to turn or burst. The other thing I would like to add and I believe it would be a great inclusion in Motive Wave, is for modern Indicators like Force Index, True Strength Index, Stochastic Momentum Index and TRIX that use as input the Close Price or Midpoint of "1 period" (think of Force Index and True Strength Index for example) to be able to use the "close - open" input value of 1 period, like this the indicator is not affected from gaps occurring on the security. Then the indicator smooths it self by its own formula because these indicators include EMAs for smoothing, like this the gaps will not make it jump or dive abruptly making the indicator useless until it normalises after many periods ahead. THANKS KINDLY FOR YOUR ATTENTION.

Hi Nikos - thanks for your input. By any chance do you have the source of these indicators? If yes, please send them to me (ds@tradingindicators.com) and I'll take a look to see if they can be converted to MW.

Spin

VB6.systems to the rescue :)
(for the Choppiness Index at least)

BUT: I wanted to export the (corrected) Study and post it here, but again I hit the same compilation issue I have encountered a couple of times before:

I have no clue why Eclipse spits out this error from time to time. I can change some 'standard' MW-studies without problems, and others simply cannot be exported to a .jar.
I believe my build path is correct (otherwise I wouldn't be able to export anything, right ?)
I did not change any class names or references (actually, I only added a small piece of code)

My Google-fu is failing me atm. Anyone an idea ? :)

Nikos

Hi Nikos - thanks for your input. By any chance do you have the source of these indicators? If yes, please send them to me (ds@tradingindicators.com) and I'll take a look to see if they can be converted to MW.
Hi again all these studies I have mentioned are inside MW. These studies are there only need the twicks I have mentioned.

Nikos

VB6.systems to the rescue :)
(for the Choppiness Index at least)

View attachment 247

BUT: I wanted to export the (corrected) Study and post it here, but again I hit the same compilation issue I have encountered a couple of times before:

View attachment 248

I have no clue why Eclipse spits out this error from time to time. I can change some 'standard' MW-studies without problems, and others simply cannot be exported to a .jar.
I believe my build path is correct (otherwise I wouldn't be able to export anything, right ?)
I did not change any class names or references (actually, I only added a small piece of code)

My Google-fu is failing me atm. Anyone an idea ? :)
Thanks a lot!

dsinnig

Hi Daniel, a TTM Squeeze indicator would be lovely, thanks in advance

Hi Michalis - good to hear from you on this forum! We are actually in the process of adding a Squeeze indicator to our store. I'll post a link to it as soon as it's done (closer to the end of the week). I will also send you a direct message.

ENIGMA

Hi Daniel
how about divergence indicator with price pattern in one . and spectral cycles indicators will be great :cool:.
thanks

abctrading

Hi Daniel, I have spoken to you in the past on Skype regarding making a study that can import multiple price levels from a .txt file. I think I got sidetracked and did not follow up with you on it. Glad to see you here and thanks for posting and the reminder. Perhaps we can continue that chat and the possibilities of this?

Brian

dsinnig

Hi Daniel
how about divergence indicator with price pattern in one . and spectral cycles indicators will be great :cool:.
thanks

Can you send me more details or a reference implementation on another platform?

Nikos

Hi again could you please help me on this because I did not understand what do you mean by having the source? Do you want from me to find the java code from MotiveWave people for these 3 indicators for example and send them to you?

dsinnig

Hi Nikos and everyone else - I have created a slightly revised version of the Choppiness Index study which show the latest value on the right axis. The import file for version v1.1 can be downloaded from the link below.

After the import the study will show up in the main menu under: Study -> TradingIndicators.com -> Choppiness Index v1.1

@Nikos - please send me an email (ds@tradingindicators.com) regarding adding "close-open" as an input to some of the built-in studies.

Last edited: