Trade Report - suggestions

ScottyA

Hi,

It would be great if the following features can be added to the trade report.

1. Export the trades tab to excel
2. Filter by asset type: stocks/futures/options

Thanks!

1) It's already possible to export the trade report to a .csv file:

Trades Export.png

2) There's not a specific filter for asset type. Here are the filters available now:

Trades Filters.png

What's worked for me for five years is to open the .csv file in Excel and sort the data by Symbol.

zendog

If only the date and time were in separate columns so the .csv file can be imported properly to Excel.

lwbecker2

I was looking to export "the Trades Tab from the Trade Report" too, like the original poster above.
It seems like @ScottyA 's reply was for the Trades tab for Trade History.

There are two tabs that show up labeled "Trades" which probably leads to confusion.

1. Add a "Trade History" page. It creates a page called "Trades".
2. Create a "Trade Report" page. It has sub-tabs labeled Metrics, Reports, Periods, Trades, Exeecutions.

These two Trade tabs show different columns/info for the trades.

The Trades tab that is a subset of the Trade Report has more in depth info, and is what I would like to export. Only the other Trades tab in Trade History seems to have an export button.

The Trades subtab has fields like Entry Price, Entry Time, Exit Price, Exit Time, P/L, Max Price, Min Price, MAE, MFE, etc. On this tab there is no export and you can't even seem to copy and paste the data out of motivewave.

Is it possible to export this data or add it as a feature?
Is that data stored locally someplace that I can go get it there?

jryan

I would also like to export the data from the Trade Report Tab. This seems like a major oversight to not have the ability to do this.

Last edited:

Ewaver

The current 'Trades' Report is not friendly to analyze, I think most of us are wanting the 'Trades Report' from the 'Trade
Report' Tab as shown in my ss.

My personal main reason for wanting to do this is to be able to track my progress and stats from my REPLAY campaign's because when you exist REPLAY all your trade data disappears. So having a REPLAY Trade report when the trades are saved to the database would be my main ask, but a friendly excel export of the data would also work.

Thanks for entertaining the idea :)
David

1689616679715.png

matt

Would be even better to be able to right-click and copy a link to an excel DDE, quantower does this, then paste DDE link in excel and data streams there.

kally

I was looking to export "the Trades Tab from the Trade Report" too, like the original poster above.
It seems like @ScottyA 's reply was for the Trades tab for Trade History.

There are two tabs that show up labeled "Trades" which probably leads to confusion.

1. Add a "Trade History" page. It creates a page called "Trades".
2. Create a "Trade Report" page. It has sub-tabs labeled Metrics, Reports, Periods, Trades, Exeecutions.

These two Trade tabs show different columns/info for the trades.

The Trades tab that is a subset of the Trade Report has more in depth info, and is what I would like to export. Only the other Trades tab in Trade History seems to have an export button.

The Trades subtab has fields like Entry Price, Entry Time, Exit Price, Exit Time, P/L, Max Price, Min Price, MAE, MFE, etc. On this tab there is no export and you can't even seem to copy and paste the data out of motivewave.

Is it possible to export this data or add it as a feature?
Is that data stored locally someplace that I can go get it there?
I am also missing the function to export the data from the "trade report" to an excel readable format to be able to import the trades into my excel trading journal.
The format does not matter, I can rearange/split the data from the columns in my own journal.
I just need the ability to export is somehow.
I was really surprised that a tool like MW does not have such a basic function.

Ghome

I am also missing the function to export the data from the "trade report" to an excel readable format to be able to import the trades into my excel trading journal.
The format does not matter, I can rearange/split the data from the columns in my own journal.
I just need the ability to export is somehow.
I was really surprised that a tool like MW does not have such a basic function.
Screen Shot 2024-03-06 at 8.49.50 PM.pngHello, you have to click on the executions tab, and to the right it's the icon with the paper and an x on it. Be careful not to hit the trash can cause that will erase executions I wish that button was located somewhere else or at least have a warning box come up.

kally

View attachment 2252Hello, you have to click on the executions tab, and to the right it's the icon with the paper and an x on it. Be careful not to hit the trash can cause that will erase executions I wish that button was located somewhere else or at least have a warning box come up.
Hi Ghome,
I have previously found the export button for the executions.
Unfortunately this information is too general and I haven't found a way to select additional columns either.
That's why I was asking for the possibility to export information from the "trade report" tab.
There is much more information available.
Sorry for the confusion.

Ghome

Hi Ghome,
I have previously found the export button for the executions.
Unfortunately this information is too general and I haven't found a way to select additional columns either.
That's why I was asking for the possibility to export information from the "trade report" tab.
There is much more information available.
Sorry for the confusion.
Got you yeah unfortunately from what I am aware you can't, i was requesting the same thing a while ago.