Historical data?

retroralph

I have found MW to run rather well in Linux, I am testing it in Mint. Currently, I have been having this one very odd issue. I will get a notice from mint that I have no disk space left. I am running this distro on a 64g SSD, and is basically empty since I only use it to trade. Anyway, I did a search where all the data is going, each time I find the ".motivewave/historical_data/cqg" folder filled with 40gigs+ of data. The odd thing is I do not use CQG, I have rithmic, currently my rithmic folder has around 700mb which looks correct since I have 6 futures symbols loaded. Is there a setting or something that I need to turn off or set so it does not download crazy amounts of data into the CQG folder. Usually I just end up deleting it by hand, and it seems to completely stop, but after a reboot I can pretty much expect to get this error message again.

Donovan2580

I was told by MW support that their software uses CQG to fill in historical data... In other words when you are connected to your Rithmic feed; the current data that is being pulled down is from Rithmic. Any older data is stored on the MW server (In CQG format). That would explain why you have a CQG folder.

I would try and limit the number of bars it is loading by playing around with these settings. Also if you are looking at tick data to populate a volume profile, footprint charts, etc that will load a tremendous amount of data for every profile you load.

Hope that helps :)

1671757697879.png

retroralph

Thanks for the response, I appreciate it. I guess that explains at least why the folder is CQG. I have the generic settings, same as you posted, it does not seem to matter if I lower or raise the settings, at least in this instance. When I run the same template/workspace on my Windows box the issue does not seem to occur. At the moment I am not using a tick chart anymore so that rules that out. I have an odd feeling it is like a "data leak" error of some kind, if that is even a word. I tried using a different hard drive just for chuckles to see how much it would actually download, and basically it seems like it will keep going until whatever drive is full, maxed out an old 300gig during today's session. Perhaps it's an error on my end or how it interacts with my distro or something. Oddly enough, if I delete that folder once the downloading issue arises, the problem goes away until I restart the system for it to happen all over again. I can close MW reopen and the problem will not repeat until a restart. I guess I will just work around it, it is manageable, just very odd.