FXCM connection is established but quotes are not downloaded

elliottwave

I faced such a problem, after the weekend and holiday in the U.S. yesterday, quotes are not loaded into the Motivewave, the last ones for January 12. For all instruments. What can be the problem? Has anyone encountered this when using the FXCM ?

EURUSD - Untitled - Jan-16 1628 PM (5 min).png

Steff

I´m facing the same issue. Contacted support already.

Scrambled historical data, no price quotes.
Tradingview is getting FXCM data, so they are oviously not down...

elliottwave

with the beginning of a new day nothing has changed - quotes are not loaded - the chart stands still at January 12. My support in the program has expired, can someone else write to them about it ?

EURUSD - Untitled - Jan-16 1628 PM (5 min).png

Nina

for me also since sunday night/monday morning I can not establish a connection to FXCM. I've contacted support. We are not alone in this problem. I guess we'll have to wait...

Attachments

• 2024-01-15 08_47_09-Medienwiedergabe.png
    2024-01-15 08_47_09-Medienwiedergabe.png
    53.7 KB · Views: 3

elliottwave

for me also since sunday night/monday morning I can not establish a connection to FXCM. I've contacted support. We are not alone in this problem. I guess we'll have to wait...
Yes. The latest version of motivewave does not even connect to FXCM, the older ones, and I have 6,6,7 - connect but do not download quotes. The bad thing is that if you add another connection to the workspace, for example forex.com, nothing happens either, quotes are not downloaded.

Steff

according to support FXCM made changes to their API over the weekend. Information has been passed to the dev team.

my experience with FXCM has not been good lately....last week at least one complete black out per day for 5-10minutes...

elliottwave

So, I understood that the Motivewave developers are not customer-oriented guys and are not going to fix anything. In the section below, it's the same story with ameritrade . I switched to getting quotes from csv files. Transferring the analysis to new quotes is not so easy, but it is possible. People charge that kind of money to sell a software, but they can't create their own quotes server. Surprising.

Nina

So, I understood that the Motivewave developers are not customer-oriented guys and are not going to fix anything. In the section below, it's the same story with ameritrade . I switched to getting quotes from csv files. Transferring the analysis to new quotes is not so easy, but it is possible. People charge that kind of money to sell a software, but they can't create their own quotes server. Surprising.
You mean we can't use FXCM as a data source anymore? I don't have any further feedback from support yet. Which alternative broker you would be recommended?

elliottwave

You mean we can't use FXCM as a data source anymore? I don't have any further feedback from support yet. Which alternative broker you would be recommended?
I don't know, but most likely if you don't have paid support for the program, they won't release a fix for you. And when it will be released at all is unknown. Not a bad broker forex.com, but it has a history of quotes for 10 years only

elliottwave

Answer from support.

On Monday, FXCM made an update to their API and as a result we can no longer connect to them. Development is currently working on the issue.
As an alternative, you can try the Oanda or Forex.com free demo accounts.
We will let you know once we receive an update from development.

We don't patch previous versions due to all the changes in newer releases so you would need to have current updates and support in order to get the latest update with the fix once it comes out.

Last edited:

Nina

I don't know, but most likely if you don't have paid support for the program, they won't release a fix for you. And when it will be released at all is unknown. Not a bad broker forex.com, but it has a history of quotes for 10 years only
Thank you very much, I have license and support. I will wait patiently...

Steff

It looks like FXCM is facing bigger technical problems. Was down yesterday for almost 1 hour during US market open. This morning dow again...no connection with trading view.

After opening an Oanda live account but having problems with logging to Motive Wave (invalid user error) and setting up a forex.com demo account but only seeing currency pairs (in TV I also get stocks and indices) I bit the bullet and subscibed to dxfeed. Completely diffrent experience. from logging in to loading data....

elliottwave

Answer from support
Here is an update on the FXCM connection issue.
FXCM has notified us that they rolled back their JAVA API so you should now be able to log back in and get data with MotiveWave.

traderbj

Do not see NAS100 or SPX500 symbols in Motivewave using Forex.com demo account? Is this normal?

Steff

Do not see NAS100 or SPX500 symbols in Motivewave using Forex.com demo account? Is this normal?
yes, afair only currency pairs are available using motive wave. trading view on the other hand shows indices when logging into the forex.com demo...

traderbj

I am trying to traded Darwinex Zero account via MotiveWave. I am thinking to use FXCM demo account and then copy trades to Darwinex account. Is this reasonable way to do it or are there any better way to archive this? thanks for any suggestions.