Feature Request: Free-floating charts

HalTrader

Hello,

I would like to inquire whether it is possible to implement free-floating charts, like on TradingView. I am still doing some of my technical analysis on TradingView, such as, drawing support/resistance/trendlines, then go to MotiveWave for further analysis (Order Flow, Volume Profile, DOM etc.), which takes a lot of time and not very user-friendly.

It would be great if MotiveWave could implement free-floating charts in the near future. For example, when I move the main chart up or down (scrolling up or down), candlesticks are narrowed down so much that I cannot see them properly.

Thanks

ScottyA

Yes to floating charts. Click on the "+" on the bottom left-hand corner to add a New Page:

New Page.png

Select "Floating:"

Floating Page.png

To your question about scrolling... Go to Preferences > General > Mouse. Select the action you want it to change to. Obviously, I use the Vertical Spacing because the Bar Width scroll didn't work with my trading style.

Mouse Wheel.png

MotiveWave is quite user friendly! It's not (nor is it trying to be) Trading View. Comparing MotiveWave to any other platform is like comparing the side of the road you drive on in the US vs Europe. Just takes a bit to adjust.

I hope that time for you is brief.

HalTrader

Thank you for the information. However, that solution didn't work for me. Please see the attached images (NQ, 1-day chart on TradingView). This is what I would like to do on MotiveWave.
First image: Candles can be seen on the top of the window.
Second image: On the same chart, I just hold the left bottom of the mouse and drag it down. The same candles can now be seen (with the same size) at the bottom of the same chart.

Is it possible to do that on MotiveWave?

Thank you

Attachments

• Question1.JPG
    Question1.JPG
    117.6 KB · Views: 10
  • Question2.JPG
    Question2.JPG
    117.9 KB · Views: 10

ScottyA

Is it possible to do that on MotiveWave?

Yes. The feature is called Auto-Scale. When turned "on," it fits the visible candles within the chart.

Auto-Scale On.png

When turned "off," it preserves the scale of the candles and allows for you to move the chart to where you prefer.

Auto-Scale Off.png

My screenshots show the Auto-Scale on my toolbar, but know that I customized the toolbar for my own use. Meaning, it may show up on your toolbar, but it may be somewhere else because I customized my setup.

Hope this helps!

HalTrader

Just another question about the same topic. For example, my main (top) window displays NQ E-mini, and the sub-window (bottom) shows the cumulative volume delta (CVD). When I turn off the auto-scale option, the NQ candles' scales are preserved, however, this is not the case for the CVD candles.

Is there a way to turn the auto-scale off for the sub-window data (CVD or another) as well?

ScottyA

Great question. I'm not aware of any way to turn off the auto-scale for Studies placed in their own Graph.

I know the size can be manually managed by adjusting the Top and Bottom Insets. If needed, the numbers can go negative.

Scaling Sub-Windows.png

Perhaps you add this to a feature request?