Feature request: copy trades between multiple instances

Is it possible to add a trade copy connection between instances/ip addresses? Rithmic does not allow multiple connections on the same instance, it would be nice to be able to connect them on the same machine.

Not sure if doing so might open up a possibility to direct an order signal to a defined ip address too, but it would also be a cool option to be a signal provider.

luissantillana33

i have in the past ran 2 rithmic connections & copy traded both accounts but it was glitchy & i do not recommend it honestly. If anything i would open a new Motivewave instance with that other connection & just have 2 doms up for each separate account you wanna trade. I think that would be safer & you will run into less issues.

My suggestion was to allow a copy trade connection between instances. You cannot log into more than one rithmic account per instance anymore, my understanding is that rithmic disabled it.

luissantillana33

From a prop firm/ funded account standpoint, since they each have their own username/ password you can have one account in one instance & also in the other instance. I do that now. Now if you are using a cash account via a broker idk. but i assume if you have one a certain broker & another in a different one i think it would be the same thing. Plus if you are using R-trader gateway, you can have both instances connected to a single gateway since that is what it was designed to do without using multiple r-trader logins etc. Hope that made sense.

I actually use sandboxie to isolate r-trader pro instances on the same machine and it works fine. Replikanto can communicate trades with ninjatrader between the two instances of nt8 I have installed but I'd like to move to Motivewave entirely if possible.

Evenbid50

I actually use sandboxie to isolate r-trader pro instances on the same machine and it works fine. Replikanto can communicate trades with ninjatrader between the two instances of nt8 I have installed but I'd like to move to Motivewave entirely if possible.
Any luck getting two instances on Motivewave ? Also looking to do the same with 2 different brokers.

Thank you

multiple instances of MW is in the literature. Copy the Program Files directory for MW and make a second, third... then just make another shortcut. Licensing is per machine.

Evenbid50

q
multiple instances of MW is in the literature. Copy the Program Files directory for MW and make a second, third... then just make another shortcut. Licensing is per machine.
Thanks for your response ! So all accounts, from multiple brokerages , will be on account list and can have trade copier use multiple brokers?