DOM: Bid/Ask delta updates too fast

anubis

Seems it could use an option to update these columns every X ms, instead of every time the order book changes. Because it is too fast it is difficult to detect accumulation for example. Jigsaw does it this way and it shows bigger delta numbers, while MW just flashes small -1, -3, 3. numbers, which doesn't give you time to get a feel of the auction.

ScottyA

Have you checked these two areas in DOM prefs (see attached)? Thinking The General tab would be more likely.

Also, are you comparing the same Instruments between Jigsaw and MW? I assume yes but want to make sure. The NQ and RTY Books have been worthless for a while now. ES has been much thinner than even 1-2 years ago.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-01-20 at 1.47.28 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-01-20 at 1.47.28 PM.png
    608.8 KB · Views: 29
  • Screen Shot 2021-01-20 at 1.47.54 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-01-20 at 1.47.54 PM.png
    638.8 KB · Views: 28

coys997

Have you checked these two areas in DOM prefs (see attached)? Thinking The General tab would be more likely.

Also, are you comparing the same Instruments between Jigsaw and MW? I assume yes but want to make sure. The NQ and RTY Books have been worthless for a while now. ES has been much thinner than even 1-2 years ago.

Those are the settings we are looking for on the Bid / Ask Delta tab. Right now the the bid/ask delta column (not the @bid/@ask) updates every time the order book updates, so you get a tenth of a second of a flash and no real indication of pulling/stacking on the bids/offers. This really need a user customizable setting, I have no idea why they thought resetting on each order book update made any sense.

anubis

That's exactly what I was pointing out, it's too fast to extract meaningful information unless you are a machine or something.

I would recommend Motiveave devs to look at how it's done on Jigsaw.

tystr

Stumbled on this post searching for a way to control the interval it which the bid/ask delta updates.....It is indeed far to quick to track pulling and stacking when price is moving

Would love the ability to customize how quickly these counts reset

FZCAP

To be clear, this is the Bid/Ask Delta column in DOM Preferences where we are requesting an option to be added. I would also love to see this implemented.

The @bid/@ask column already has this feature "reset interval" (I've attached a screenshot)

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-05-27 at 10.08.05 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-05-27 at 10.08.05 AM.png
    65.5 KB · Views: 19

Jan

In addition, it would be good to have an option where it's not cleared after x ms, but by pressing a "clear" button.