Crypto Volume Imprint sources

IBelo

Hello everyone,

I have been trying to use MotiveWave for volume imprint analysis on Crypto for a while now. Finally, after realizing Binance (super super laggy for me) was the problem i switched to Coinbase. This worked like a charm until yesterday.

Data is coming in, about price volume, it is just not updating the most recent footprints and keeping them at 0. The second i change the timeframe it automatically shows all the data ( it seems to be done locally and not via a new api call judging from the quick reaction times ). Maybe i have botched some settings and it is more a configurational issue. Here's a screenshot of what i see:

Let me know your thoughts on how to fix this. Currently i am changing the timeframe every several seconds, but this is not a very convenient way to trade :)

I also tried Kraken, it seems to work very badly (well not as bad as Binance haha).

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-05-04 at 10.15.30 AM.png
    Screenshot 2023-05-04 at 10.15.30 AM.png
    233.5 KB · Views: 12

itradefutures

As far as I'm aware, you won't get accurate data in the footprint if you have "historical minute bars" set to "on". Your charts are set up differently than mine, but I can see you selected it. That's not gonna download the tick data. It uses minute bar data. That might be your problem. (y)

Diagnosing these problems with crypto is a bit trickier, as the data comes from the exchange, and they may impose their own limits.