Creating Lines that are Session Specific

abctrading

Is there a way to draw a line that can be session specific? I know we can extend left/right and drag resize points, but is there a way to have an option that will automatically draw that line so that it only plots or shows for a specified session or period of time?

I know it is possible where lines such as Pivot Points can be made to be time and session specific.

Can this be made available for Horizontal Lines or Price Labels or Labeled Lines?

Thanks for the consideration.

Brian

igor.s

Something like that is easy to accomplish with the SDK. What would be a criteria to draw it?

abctrading

Something like that is easy to accomplish with the SDK. What would be a criteria to draw it?

Thanks for the reply @igor.s At this point the criteria could be just inputted manually, or copied and pasted into it?

Basically I would like a pivot point indicator where I can manually input the levels rather than have a mathematical equation do it, and that also has the ability to customize the length or duration of that pivot level line ... ie: session or time period.

I have a 3rd party that is supplying levels, but it is very cumbersome to manually draw each and every level for several instruments. If possible it would be great if I can just type multiple prices/levels into a study or component where it would be so much easier.

It would seem that a tweak to either pivot points study or even the Fib ratios where instead of a percentage of a retrace/extension, one could also just manually enter the price level?

I am completely clueless with coding but seems like it should be easy. In the meantime ... I am hitting YouTube for crash course Java coding and maybe I try to figure it out :)

igor.s

MW shared their studies source code so you can get an idea about their API which is also covered in a pdf. It sounds to me that you need to code a custom study that would read the levels from a CSV file or a similar format that your level provider supplies and automatically draws the lines. The lines color, strokes could be customized based on the level strength. Long time ago I did something like that but eventually settled on a naked chart trading. I only use the platform built-in price guides and occasionally support/resistance components. It is worth while to learn Java if you are planning a lot of customization to satisfy your needs.