Create an alert without confirmation

James

Hello. How to immediately create an alert for a specific price without a dialog box?
When I press the keyboard shortcut or right click on the price scale -> Create Alert, the dialog box will always pop up, but I want to create an alert right away. I have already saved the default settings for all alerts, why do I need to confirm the creation of the alert each time?
I know about Trigger Multiple checkbox. This is not what I need.

danws

"Right Click Price - Create Alert - Enter". No way you can do better than that. Dialogs gonna come up cause it's conditional.

James

"Right Click Price - Create Alert - Enter". No way you can do better than that. Dialogs gonna come up cause it's conditional.
Thanks. This is exactly what I'm doing now. It's so inconvenient and slow. Developers should definitely add a checkbox option in the global settings to show or not show the notification dialog.
I also want to ask you something. When I press a keyboard shortcut for alerts, I always get the current price of the instrument, but not the price where my mouse cursor is. Even if I move the cursor to the price scale. Is there a way to use the price from the chart (mouse cursor position) when pressing the keyboard shortcut?

danws

Getting the feeling you like your price alerts. Don't blame you. Consider having standing alerts above and below the market and then just drag them to the desired price. Will that work for you?

James

Getting the feeling you like your price alerts. Don't blame you. Consider having standing alerts above and below the market and then just drag them to the desired price. Will that work for you?
If I set Cross Above and Cross Below price alerts with Trigger Multiple (because otherwise I have to set them up again), they will trigger alerts all the time when the price fluctuates within the zone of those alerts. It will be very annoying.
The reason why I started this thread is because everything I'm taking about has already been done on some other platforms (I don't want to promote any of them). So I think I'm not the only one who needs a quick way to set up alerts. There is actually a second option to implement this as well: simply display disabled alerts on the chart with the ability to re-enable them from the chart.

danws

Agreed. Disabled alerts would work. Re Cross above and below, I'm looking either for a break out or rejection. They should not be triggered more than a couple of times unless market happened to stall at that very point. Not following "when price fluctuates within the zone", unless it's a very small zone.

James

About "the price fluctuates within the zone". It can be not only a small consolidation, but also several sharp movements (up and down) in one bar. It just creates unnecessary alert triggers. Thanks for the conversation. I've created a new feature request in the suggestions and feedback thread. The title is "Feature Request: A quick way to add price alerts to a chart and disabled price alerts". Perhaps the developers will add this in some form in the future.

danws

About "the price fluctuates within the zone". It can be not only a small consolidation, but also several sharp movements (up and down) in one bar. It just creates unnecessary alert triggers. Thanks for the conversation. I've created a new feature request in the suggestions and feedback thread. The title is "Feature Request: A quick way to add price alerts to a chart and disabled price alerts". Perhaps the developers will add this in some form in the future.
You're welcome. I love this platform. Viz and control are the best I've ever worked with. Lots of intelligence built in. Manual trade, semi-auto, full auto are all there. I can build a fully automated algo right in the Alert Mgr in about a minute. Keep truckin and good trading going forward.