Coinbase Advanced - Can't connect.

Northside

Hello MotiveWave Community,

I'm reaching out for help with an issue I've been experiencing while attempting to connect MotiveWave to Coinbase Advanced Trade. Despite several attempts and double-checking the API key, I consistently receive a "Connection Failed: Invalid Credentials" error.

I've tried entering the API and Key into both the Coinbase and Coinbase Pro options on Motivewave to try and connect with no luck. The Coinbase pro connection prompt is asking for a pass phrase but the newer version of Coinbase Advanced API doesn't offer a pass_phrase or at least I couldn't find one anywhere, so I was just leaving it blank.

The log files from MotiveWave indicate repeated "not connected! Invalid Credentials" errors, but don't provide more detail.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
N

Last edited:

harshroad

Hi buddy, The issue you are experiencing comes from CoinBase as you need an Api key and this info is provided by Coinbase. Also, I believe Coinbase pro is not longer supported so you Api information would have to come from Coinbase. You can find the related information here: https://help.coinbase.com/en/cloud/api/coinbase. Hope it helps. I used to be a Pro user and had to made some changes in order to reconnect my account using motivewave.