Can't connect my Apex Trader Rithmic to motivewave.

Jakethegreat

Hello, i can't connect my Apex Trader Rithmic to motivewave.
I dont know what im doing wrong.
I also have Rithmic pro open with plug-in enabled.

Attachments

• Rithmic example.PNG
    Rithmic example.PNG
    126.7 KB · Views: 52

Noel

although i have completed the agreements, i have the same problem ...

Donovan2580

I know they recently upgraded to have a direct connection to Rithmic. I think you need to choose the Apex gateway rather than Chicago.

Noel

I know they recently upgraded to have a direct connection to Rithmic. I think you need to choose the Apex gateway rather than Chicago.
but we don't have an Apex gateway in the list...

Attachments

• no_apex_gw.png
    no_apex_gw.png
    20.3 KB · Views: 31

Noel

Ok I see you are correct - Apex is listed in the system options rather than the gateway.

I know they had major change in the way everyone had to login about a month ago. Have you seen this webpage?

They have their own version of R Trader Pro and according to that video if you are not using their version you will not be able to login:

yes I saw the video and downloaded R Trader Pro from their link .... moreover the setup procedure they show in their webpage works perfectly well with NT8... and i don't find a way to get an explicit log message about that weird "os error 1" message

Tigger

I'm connected to APEX with no issues on MW 6.6.10. Here is what my workspace login look like:

motivewave_APEX.PNG

Noel

I'm connected to APEX with no issues on MW 6.6.10. Here is what my workspace login look like:

View attachment 1483
Hi Tigger, thats weird, here what happens when i try to log to rithmic (i uses the same parameters in system/gateway/market data):
rithmic_00.png
Here the contents of available services when i try to configure a new connection:
rithmic_01.pngrithmic_02.pngrithmic_03.pngrithmic_04.png...

Noel

Donovan2580

Hey Noel - What version of MW are you running?

They just recently added Apex a few releases ago (See release notes below)

If you are on the latest version, do you have Apex selected from the dropdown menu (Like Tigger does on his)? That should be an option after you have a workspace set up with "Rithmic" as the service.

It is kind of confusing, but just make a new workspace and choose RIthmic - Skip entering the username and password at that point and just create the workspace.

When you go to login for the first time you will have this menu and Apex will be an option under the System dialog box

1670276516304.png

1670275974335.png

Attachments

• 1670276185207.png
    1670276185207.png
    74.1 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:

Tigger

APEX-01 is just the name I used when configuring my Workspace and Connection, my Service is also Rithmic:
By the way, what is your OS? (I'm using Windows10)

motivewave-workspace.PNG1670293049138.png

Noel

APEX-01 is just the name I used when configuring my Workspace and Connection, my Service is also Rithmic:
By the way, what is your OS? (I'm using Windows10)

View attachment 1499View attachment 1500
Hi Tigger,
My OS is also windows 10... I completely remove RtraderPro , reinstall the Apex version, recreate a workspace in MW but still don't work. NT8 still working fine .... I don't understand this weird "os error".